Once we agree to work with each other, how do we dance?
This explains how I work here at WebsitesSeller!
This is where I ask the questions that will help me to understand why you need a new website and exactly what it is you are trying to achieve. There are no shortcuts here, as it is one of the most important parts of the whole project. It starts with your brief and the discovery process and ends with me presenting a proposal to you.
Usually, I am asking my clients to describe their business and, if it’s possible, to show me at least 3 website examples ( to see what kind of design they need, what functionalities, etc ).
Once you accept the proposal and pay a deposit, all systems are go! I start by building you a visual sitemap, mapping out the information structure of the website. This way we can get on the same page very quickly about what it is we are trying to communicate and the best way to structure that information.
Instead of trying to tell you what I intend to build and hoping you understand my jargon, at this point I’ll build an interactive prototype in the browser to show you how the proposed solution will work. With no attention to design at this stage, it won’t be pretty, but it makes sure the functionality of the site is in place, so I can then move on to the design process.
This is where the real fun begins. This is where I get to flex my talent and bring your vision and brand to reality. WordPress is the tool of choice, and in line with your brief and brand, I will shape a beautiful site that will be the backbone of your online presence.
Once the site is built, it needs to be tested. Links, forms, responsiveness, all sorts of things. This can sometimes be a frustrating time for the client, but I don’t launch until I have gone through my exhaustive checklist and satisfied myself your website is good to go.
Yay! Crack the champagne! Once we agree the site is complete, the final bill will be due. We then decide on a launch date and once the bills are paid, I press the button. Your site has been submitted to all the major search engines and is prepped and primed to start taking visitors. Watch out world, here you come.
The WordPress Administration Care Plan
Even when the site is live, I don’t consider the job over. Websites need care and maintenance, and I think you should focus on what you do well, and let me look after your site. I offer a range of WordPress Administration Plans for your website, so you can feel as safe as you can in this cyber world. Check our WordPress Administration Support Plans for more information.
Steps to your website
As a general rule, the following steps are what you and I will need to go through to get your website up and running.
This can sometimes be done within a single day.
- You need to think about how you want your website to look (graphics), logos, colours etc.,
- Either you or I organise hosting, and send the details (username, password) to me,
- Either you or I organise a domain name (or two, or three…)
- The domain name(s) need to be ‘pointed’ at the hosting, if the domain wasn’t organised as part of the hosting (combining steps 1 and 2), and either you or I can do that,
- I (can) maintain all your hosting options, creating email addresses for you to use,
- I install WordPress on the hosting, create the database, and configure WordPress according to your needs and wants,
- I install appropriate WordPress Themes and Plugins depending on your needs and wants,
- I create extra user(s) for you to sign on to the WordPress “dashboard” back office area,
- You create the web pages you want, and enter the content, pictures and videos that you want to appear on your website,
- When you’re happy with what you’ve got, I’ll invoice you,
- You pay me and have full control of your website! You don’t need me any more!
- If you need/want anything done that you don’t know how to do, then contact me to discuss,
- If you need/want additional functionality, then contact me to discuss,
- If I’m not available for whatever reason, then contact another competent developer, it’s a WordPress site!