how to migrate a wordpress site to godaddy
In order to make the process smooth, I need the following information:
- The website URL you want to transfer.
- cPanel login credentials (e-mail, username and password). In case of using a particular cPanel, provided by your hosting company (SiteGround, for example, use their own cPanel feature), please provide me access there.
- WordPress Admin Dashboard login credentials (e-mail, username and password), and the custom login URL, in case you personalized it. The standard login address looks like: yoursite.com/wp-login.php
If you have any other particular information to share, please let me know.
It depends. Usually, from 15 minutes to 1 hour, depends on the hosting location, speed transfer, etc. . Just make sure I will the the access details ready.
Yes! With hundreds of site already migrated (since 2008), I can guarantee your site files will be in safe hands!
Because I need to have access to the core files+database, files which I’ll transfer to the new server.
If you want to change the domain name or to transfer the existing site to a new domain address, you have 2 options:
- You will send me the login access to the DN provider’s Panel, and I will do it for you.
- You change the Name Servers (NS) from the Domain Manager.
You can learn more about how to transfer the domain name here: How to migrate domain name
No. This service is only for small sites (up-to 750MB). For bigger sites, please message me and we’ll discuss our terms.
Yes and no. It really depends on how old is that website. For example, if you have a 2008’s WordPress site, be sure that uploading it to a PHP 8.0.0 (or even 7.4 – below 7.4 is already “end of life”) won’t do the job.
Unfortunately, with this package I don’t provide any SEO service. For Link Redirect services, or for any other SEO work, you have to contact me. The hourly rate starts from $70.
Once the payment was received and the service started, I don’t offer refund.