WordPress Connection Timed Out Error
Connection timed out error occurs when any functional complication of the server happened. This error causes because heavy plugins, limited memory space, etc.
“Connection timed out” is one of WordPress‘s most common errors. There are several reasons this error can occur, but the most common cause is a problem with the server hosting your WordPress site.
If you are seeing this error, it means that the server that your WordPress site is hosted on is taking too long to respond to requests from your WordPress site.
Many factors can cause this WordPress error, including:
- The server is overloaded and cannot handle your WordPress site‘s traffic.
- The server is down or unreachable.
- There is a problem with the WordPress code that is making too many requests to the server.
- The WordPress site is making too many requests to the server for resources that do not exist.
If you are seeing the “Connection timed out” error, you first should check the server‘s status on where your WordPress site is hosted. If the server is down or unreachable, there is not much you can do except wait for the server to come back online. If the server is up and running, your WordPress site still sees the “Connection timed out“ error.
There are a few things you can do to fix Connection timed out error:
- Check your WordPress code for errors.
- Deactivate all WordPress plugins.
- Increase the WordPress memory limit.